wineprefixcreate hang

Olive Esseret olive_esseret at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 17 13:10:09 CST 2004

Mike Hearn wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 13:12:03 +0100, Olive Esseret wrote:
>
>>I do not know if this question is appropriate here; so please excuse me
>>if it is not (I have not had any answer elsewhere)
>>
>>On Mdk10.1 the following command (which is called by wineprefixcreate
>>and so also by wineinstall) never terminate.
>>
>>wine rundll32 setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 128 wine.inf
>

> Are you using ReiserFS by any chance?

No, I am on a Ext3 partition, with glibc-2.3.3-21mdk, and kernel
2.6.8.1-12mdk, xorg-x11 6.7.0. It appears with the default installation
of Mandrake 10.1 Powerpack (with some very minor change: locale,
partitioning). This is very mysterious since all worked well Mdk10.0 and
there is not much difference between the two distribution. If you need
more information (some trace, etc...) please tell me, I do not know what
is important to give.

Olive