Problem roundup

Vincent Béron vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca
Fri Nov 19 10:07:46 CST 2004

Le ven 19/11/2004 à 09:02, Mike Hearn a écrit :
> 1) The RH9 RPMs are apparently being compiled with epoll support linked
>     in. This is causing user pain. We should really be using dlsym here,
>     why are we not again?

If you're talking about this thread
(http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?s=&threadid=252670), then I didn't reproduce it on my RH9 setup when I released 20041019 (I have a video card fan problem right now, so the video card in that computer is now in my main computer, so I can't test it just right now). I guess the user have a different kernel/glibc than I do (I'm using RH9+updates from RH for RH9+updates from FedoraLegacy for RH9 as of the releases of Wine). The epoll detection/support is not very robust yet it seems.

(Slightly OT: would autopackage help here?)

Also, PICOspark mentions he gets the same error in WineX, which I
personnally find a bit strange.

Vincent