Problem roundup

Vincent Béron vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca
Fri Nov 19 14:42:40 CST 2004

Le ven 19/11/2004 à 15:07, Alexandre Julliard a écrit :
> Mike Hearn <mike at navi.cx> writes:
>
> > We don't have to be over-general about it, just dynamically loading the
> > ones that cause problems would be fine (or using syscalls directly). The
> > vast majority of the symbols are always there and so it doesn't make sense
> > to use dlsym.
>
> I think it's much better to ask packagers to build their packages
> correctly, it will cause much less trouble in the long run.

That, or get the users to update their distribution (and optionnally not
install core packages from somewhere else than their distributor).

I haven't had time to investigate the issue at hand yet, but I know that
RPM did work here launching notepad and building .wine via
wineprefixcreate. Somebody posted on wine-devel with the same problem,
we'll see what could be the cause.

Vincent