epoll, LSB (was: Re: Problem roundup)

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Sun Nov 21 09:11:11 CST 2004

> LSB 3, on the other hand, is going to add Gnome support, so they're
> at least thinking about the desktop now.
> (Your other objections - FreeType, fontconfig, libjpeg, OpenSSL, etc -
> could be packaged along with an LSB implementation of Wine, so they're
> not really an issue.)

Forgive the slight shift to off topic, but a while back, I asked the
LSB if they'd consider adding Wine to the app-battery (standard tests
required for LSB certification).

They were actually quite open to the notion; Alexandre was working
with someone technical on the challenges involved.

Candidly, I dropped the ball (got too busy :-(  ), but if someone else
was willing to work that through, boy would that be nice.

Cheers,

Jer