epoll, LSB (was: Re: Problem roundup)

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Sun Nov 21 16:19:42 CST 2004

On Sun, Nov 21, 2004 at 04:38:31PM -0500, Vincent Béron wrote:
> I never claimed there's a big speed advantage between the 3 builds. But
> since I (for myself) prepare the athlon one, and at least the i386 one
> for everybody else, I may as well prepare the i686 one.

I think this is a problem: we have too many builds, and that's
confusing. Let's just have the i386 one (with the Athlon optimizations)
and be done with it. The download page is getting crazy, and we
get too little benefit from all of these optimizations to justify
the (user visible) complexity.

Besides, we're still alpha, this type of optimizations are the
least of our concerns, really.

--
Dimi.