Packaging Questions, New Debian Package, Packagers Guide

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Tue Nov 23 09:47:47 CST 2004

On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 02:32:08AM -0800, Scott Ritchie wrote:
> Now, this leads to the question: is it worth even having a package
> maintainers guide?  If so, who wants to update it?

Well, it would be great if you'd use the experience you gathered
doing the .deb packages to update the guide. Really, it can only
be updated by a packager, someone that went through the motions.
Moreover, the experienced packagers don't need that document as much,
and are not likely to update it. So the only hope we have is for
someone 'new' to the wine-packaging business to take on the job.

--
Dimi.