Packaging Questions, New Debian Package, Packagers Guide

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Tue Nov 23 17:41:54 CST 2004

On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 02:56:43PM -0800, Scott Ritchie wrote:
> wine : depends on libwine, contains the binaries for running windows programs
> libwine : contains everything needed to run windows applications
> libwine-dev : contains the files needed to compile windows applications with winelib

There is no reason to split wine and libwine, they can not exist
without each other. Trust me on this one, it will help no one to
split the two.

> The reason for using libwine rather than winelib is to comply with
> Debian standards.

Too bad, libwine is something different. This is confusing, I know,
but probably the least problematic way forward would be to simply
call it wine-dev.

--
Dimi.