Winecfg -> browse for folder

Saulius Krasuckas saulius2 at ar.fi.lt
Wed Nov 24 09:53:20 CST 2004

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004, Andreas Mohr wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 12:45:20PM +0100, Robert van Herk wrote:
> > Ofcourse, another solution would be to make a Unix server that
> > communicates with winecfg and tells it how the Unix directory structure
> > is, but that would be overkill I guess :-).
>
> Nah, that seems to be overkill.

But why?  If the 'server' gets launched using CreateProcess() and if the
communication is done via writing to child's stdin / reading from child's
stdout, then the things get quite simple, IMHO.  Isn't this redirection
working in Wine?

Or is additional application in Wine tree an overkill?

> If you need that, then we could perhaps even think about embedding
> standard Gnome/GTK/KDE file browsers in winecfg for this purpose in
> order to have full root filesystem accessibility.

I like this idea quite much.  Though, GTK file browser embedded into a
native unix app would be even more clean solution, IMHO.  That's because
this way we would keep winecfg untied from a unix world in a bigger
degree. :-P