dlls/mscms/profile.c breakage

Gerald Pfeifer gerald at pfeifer.com
Tue Nov 23 19:13:39 CST 2004

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004, Hans Leidekker wrote:
>> What I meant is that we should check for one of these new APIs that we
>> need, and if we don't find it we should just do as if lcms.h was
>> missing.
> Yes of course, I meant that too, and we should do that. But you presented
> this as a better solution for the breakage Gerald experienced than asking
> him to upgrade to lcms 1.13, which I don't agree with.

Hans, the issue is not me upgrading to lcms 1.13 (which I'd do in a
moment).

Rather the problem is that we cannot (easily) require all users of Wine
or ports (e.g. the FreeBSD ports collection) to upgrade.  In many cases
this will boil down to a broken/not broken distinction rather than
supports cms/doesn't support cms.  Unfortunately.

> Building as if lcms.h is missing would result in a mostly non-functional
> MSCMS dll and especially with him being the maintainer of the FreeBSD Wine
> port (IIRC) that could affect a large number of people.

You remember correctly. ;-)  I guess my preferred solution would be for
me, personally, to update to lcms, but at the same time see a patch as
discussed between Francois and you go into WineHQ CVS.

I can take care of the former, but I'd appreciate your help on the latter.
;-)

Thanks,
Gerald
--