Translate dir names into Spanish

Juan Lang juan_lang at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 29 09:42:38 CST 2004

Joaquín wrote:
> I have some programs in spanish for windows but when i install it i have
> problems with dir names, for example "Program Files" is "Archivos de
> programa", "Common Files" is "Archivos comunes", and so.
>
> Can i translate this names in source and compiling without problem??
> which files i need update??

Yes, you can.  You need to modify the file dlls/shell32/shell32_Es.rc.
Look at dlls/shell32/shell32_En.rc.  The end of the file as a stringtable
with the comment /* shell folder path default values */.  Copy this
stringtable to shell32_Es.rc, and translate the names appropriately.
Recompile and reinstall.  Please send a patch with the updated
translations to wine-patches at winehq.org, too.

--Juan