Changed IE6 install script to run IE6 completely out-of-box

Christian Britz cbritz at gmx.net
Mon Nov 29 14:24:57 CST 2004

Hajime,

Hajime Segawa schrieb:

>Thank you for your advice.
>OK, I've implemented fully-automated install option in my script using
>iebatch.txt from your script.
>I also included some workarounds and ie6 can be installed with default
>option.
>http://sidenet.ddo.jp/winetips/files/wine-config-sidenet-1.6.0.tgz
>
>Also, there are another two new features :
>Internet Explorer setup can be downloaded during install.
>Multi language support started.

Your script is very, very good, i love it. Did I already mention that it
is very good? :-)

I offer you to translate it into german language.

With it I was able using IE for the first time (don't know if this is
great too...).

Only two problems left:
- Can't get sound working with arts. Personally I don't understand
really which of the config files I have to manipulate.
- The MSI installer doesn't seem to work. Says something about wrong
syntax when installing msi files.

Best Regards, Thank you very much :)
Christian

IMO this could get the new wineinstaller.