SystemFunction006

Hans Leidekker hans at it.vu.nl
Fri Oct 1 03:00:18 CDT 2004

On Thursday 30 September 2004 23:35, Rolf Kalbermatter wrote:

> I don't think this will work properly. The returned pointer from CRYPT_LMHash()
> will never be passed out to the caller of the function. There should be
> probably a function call before the return of the function along the lines

Ah yes, thanks for pointing that out. I was converting that function
from one style to another but got only half way through apparently.

> Also the use of strcmp() for comparing a hash in the according test seems a
> little misplaced to me.
> Or is a DES hash guaranteed to never contain 0x00 bytes? It doesn't occur in
> the test case so it is not a big problem in this case but principially it
> seems not right to me.

Another good one. Yes, the test case does work because the expected hash
has no zero bytes, but I guess in general a DES hash could contain zero
bytes. I've sent an improved patch to wine-patches.

 -Hans