Troubles with GetVarDesc function.

MIKEL CARRASCO mcarrasco at aotek.es
Fri Oct 1 07:34:03 CDT 2004

Hi:
Recently I've been having troubles with the GetVarDesc function. It's
supposed to return the description
of a COM server's property(given the property index), but instead, it
returns the description of one of the methods
of the COM server.
I've realized that the varlist list of the ITypeInfo class is filled with
the COM server methods, and it must be filled with
properties.
I think the problem is in MSFT_DoVars function, which is the responsible of
the creation of varlist. I've fixed the problem
just actualizing the offset variable to point to the begin of the variables
description, instead of the begin of the
functions description (the bold line below), I don't know if this is the
right place to make the correction, but definitely It has solved
my problem.

    offset = offset + (cFuncs*sizeof(INT));
    for(i=0;i<cVars;i++){

I hope this could be of value for someone...

Mikel.