Setting DllOverrides by script

Bill Medland billmedland at mercuryspeed.com
Fri Oct 1 21:20:22 CDT 2004

I stopped concentrating for quite a few months and now the whole config system
has changed.!!  Any chance of some help?

When we released the previous version of our product on Linux we included a
couple of perl scripts etc. for setting up the Wine suitably, including
adding a couple of drives, setting the path, modifying dll overrides.

Now I am trying to figure out how to do it all with the new config system.

Doing the drives is easy; a couple of symlinks.
Doing the path is easy; regedit /s /E and regedit /s <filename>

The problem I am having is with the DLL overrides.
I see that they are now based on HKLM\Software\Wine\Wine\DllOverrides.
How do I get them in?
It seems to me that the only way that works is to edit the config itself and
then restart the wineserver.  Is that correct?  (If so the no big deal)
(I can't seem to import into the config using regedit nor can I actually edit
the subtree under the GUI)

--
Bill Medland
mailto:billmedland at mercuryspeed.com