Regression to Get IE Help to Work after September Snapshot

Dan McGhee farmerdan at i-rule.net
Sat Oct 2 11:21:33 CDT 2004

I could not get IE Help, or any application based on it, to work after
the September snapshot.  I did a regression and identified the commit of
20040824 16:00:16 CDT as causing the problem.  This commit edits this patch:

http://cvs.winehq.org/patch.py?id=13475

Among other things this patch changes
wine/dlls/Makefile.in
wine/configure.ac
wine/configure

I discovered during the regression that if I use ./tools/wineinstall and
let wine set up my fake windows and .wine/config file I couldn't get IE
Help to work.  However, I used the September snapshot to test this, if I
do "./configure, make depend && make" followed by install" and used a
.wine generated by wine before the commit I identified, IE Help works.

I also noticed when I found the patch that it was edited today to change
the files that I noted above, but I can't tell if the changes address
the subject of this post.

I'm a real rookie when it comes to reading this patches and can suppy
only information to this list.  If it will help, I will be more than
happy to create "diff" files from the "before and after" wine versions
to help close in on the situation.

Dan