Audit the buttons code

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Tue Oct 5 05:32:18 CDT 2004

"Shachar Shemesh" <wine-devel at shemesh.biz> wrote:

> In this case, Dimi used version 6.0 of the comctl32.dll documentation.
> It can hardly be his fault that that's where the docs for button
> controls are. I don't think any amount of patch sending or arguing on
> our part is going to persuade Microsoft to move the docs elsewhere.
> Personally, I also see value in documenting what version of the docs the
> audit was performed against, so that future mismatches can be tracked down.
>
> Can you suggest a better way to write the comment?

I didn't oppose a comment itself, I don't like that it confuses people
by mentioning comctl32. That's simply not true. I'd suggest to omit that
single line of the comment, that's all. Again, that's the user32 code,
and it really doesn't matter where MS has decided to put the docs for it.
As I see it, the docs for all the controls were just moved to a single place
for an easy access, that place happened to be under the comctl32 section.

--
Dmitry.