Audit the buttons code

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Tue Oct 5 10:15:26 CDT 2004

On Tue, Oct 05, 2004 at 02:59:35PM +0100, Robert Shearman wrote:
> How do you plan on using image lists from user32? How will you make sure
> that the version 6 behaviour doesn't break older programs? It's these
> questions that made Microsoft move the controls to comctl32. Will we get
> ourselves into a bigger mess by not having two separate implementations?

I don't dispute that our current approach is not perfect. You are right,
there may be some problems with it, and in the long term, we may have to
duplicate them. However, doing so mow would imply a lot of work, and as you
can see, we're way short of manpower. From what I've seen, we can safely
implement most of the XP functionality into the user32 without risking of
breaking stuff. That is to say, I don't see right now a big need to dupicate
the controls. Let's cross that bridge when we get there.

--
Dimi.