audio driver autodetection

Eric Pouech pouech-eric at wanadoo.fr
Wed Oct 6 14:10:08 CDT 2004

Alexandre Julliard a écrit :
> Eric Pouech <pouech-eric at wanadoo.fr> writes:
>

>>>I don't think we want to add yet another driver just for
>>>autodetection. Each driver should simply refuse to load if its
>>>hardware isn't present, then winmm can load each of them in turn
>>>until one succeeds.
>>
>>you must then ensure that the list of drivers from the registry fits
>>you desired order (e.g. Alsa before OSS, or ESD...).
>

> Yes exactly, this allows the user to specify which drivers to try and
> in what order. That's something we want to support anyway.

but this needs to be done in a "portable" way... ie still using the
registry settings which are in a "all that's listed" semantics, not a
"first that works" semantics
So, it would mean, for example, extending -potentially- each regular
registry for a driver, into something which lists the possible drivers
and stops the loading when the first one succeeds.
A+