Winefile: fix "move file" implementation

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Thu Oct 7 05:31:25 CDT 2004

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004, Martin Fuchs wrote:
[...]
>> There's no Unix function that returns 16bit Unicode characters. But the
>> filenames retrieved from readdir() can easily be converted to Unicode by
>> using MultiByteToWideChar(...CP_UNIX...).
>
> What happens if two mounted drives want to use different code pages?
> CP_UNIX is only one constant, and can't handle both cases.
> I suspect, there is some inherent problem with this approach.

I don't know the details but I'm told this is not supposed to happen. On
a related note, in Wine it used to be possible to specify a codepage per
Windows drive but this is no longer possible (again AFAIU).

I'd be happy too if someone can shed some more light on this.

   Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment
                                -- Barry LePatner