Winefile: fix "move file" implementation

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Thu Oct 7 06:45:26 CDT 2004

"Francois Gouget" <fgouget at free.fr> wrote:

> > What happens if two mounted drives want to use different code pages?
> > CP_UNIX is only one constant, and can't handle both cases.
> > I suspect, there is some inherent problem with this approach.
>
> I don't know the details but I'm told this is not supposed to happen. On
> a related note, in Wine it used to be possible to specify a codepage per
> Windows drive but this is no longer possible (again AFAIU).
>
> I'd be happy too if someone can shed some more light on this.

Mount options in Linux are supposed to match current Linux locale.

For instance I'm using the following options in order to see russian
file names on FAT drives mounted in Linux:

RH 6.2, KOI8-R locale: codepage=866,iocharset=koi8-r
RH 9.0, UTF-8 locale: codepage=866,iocharset=utf8

iocharset option must match current locale, otherwise a user will see
a mess instead of the proper file names. And there is no point in
specifying different iocharset options for different mount points.

--
Dmitry.