wine-devel digest, Vol 1 #3011 - 15 msgs

Rolf Kalbermatter rolf.kalbermatter at citeng.com
Sun Oct 10 16:08:00 CDT 2004

Vitaliy Margolen wrote:

> Well, I tried to shuffle the order of creation of these
> files. The results I got was as follows:
> - On windows I was getting "sorted by name" order.
> - On Linux I was getting creation order.

Funny thing is I work on Suse Linux 9.0 with current wine CVS and
IEnumIDList in the shelfolder test returns for me test.txt, testdir2,
test1.txt, test2.txt, and test3.txt in that order. So I can't confirm
the idea that Wine under Linux would always enumerate files in a directory
nor in alphabetically order nor in order of creation.

> I tested XP, 2003 and 98 all with same results. So my
> assumption was that I would always get the "sorted by name"
> order from windows no meter what. I could be wrong here. If
> this is the case it has something to do with SHFolder's
> heading information, that we currently ignore.

If you mean the selected column in a shell folder view, that should
not have any influence on the order of files returned for an IEnumIDList
object. It does not and can't now about the column to use for ordering
nor should it do any specific ordering AFAICS.
This is supposed to be done by the IShellView through use of the
IShellFolder's CompareIDs method

Rolf Kalbermatter