MM doc update

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Mon Oct 11 07:58:20 CDT 2004

Eric Pouech wrote:
> which one ? I just checked the MM and the ntdll/kernel sections and they
> look ok here. looks more a html browser setting issue, rather than a
> winehq one (unless you don't have fixed fonts installed)

eg, http://winehq.com/site/docs/wine-devel/x2143

it's understandable but looks a bit messy.

> IMO, we should be able to build the doc without too many dependencies
> and also still to be able to generate PS, pdf and even full txt
> documentation. The real solution would be SVG embedded in DocBook so
> that it could be rendered into the various output formats.
> But this doesn't seem to be fully ready for prime time (at least last
> time I checked).

True, but I think it would be possible to have pre-rendered versions in
CVS. I know Alexandre doesn't like binaries in the tree but I think PNGs
generated from the SVG inputs would be OK as they'd hardly ever change.
Then you could embed the images directly into the DocBook.

thanks -mike