winetest results refused when run by wine

Ferenc Wagner wferi at afavant.elte.hu
Mon Oct 11 10:32:16 CDT 2004

Robert Reif <reif at earthlink.net> writes:

> Ferenc Wagner wrote:
>
>> Robert Reif <reif at earthlink.net> writes:
>>
>>> Couldn't winetest fill in the proper test results fields
>>> necessary for acceptance when compiled to an exe.so and
>>> run in wine?
>>
>> Did you make dist in programs/winetest?
>> winetest-dist.exe is the program meant for submission, but
>> winetest-dist.exe.so should be able to submit as well.
>
> make dist
> make: *** No rule to make target `build.id', needed by `dist.res'.  Stop.
>
> For the built in wine, run with wine case, couldn't there be
> reasonable default values rather than reading them from a file?

That's exactly what we wanted to avoid.  Submitted results
should * not come from Wine but genuine Windows systems, and
       * be identifiable.
So we decided to require some (small, one time) effort of
people providing test suites.  For what you are doing, make
test seems worth consideration.  If I guessed correctly. :)
--
Feri.