window caption buttons

William Poetra Yoga Hadisoesen williampoetra at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 12 11:56:30 CDT 2004

This is related to my last post. The buttons wine draw actually have wrong
borders, like for example a normal window has this close button:

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::00
::                          3300
::                          3300
::      ####        ####    3300
::        ####    ####      3300
::          ########        3300
::            ####          3300
::          ########        3300
::        ####    ####      3300
::      ####        ####    3300
::                          3300
::                          3300
::333333333333333333333333333300
00000000000000000000000000000000

where:
'::' is color ffffff
'33' is color 808080
'00' is color 000000 (404040 in win2k & winxp, not sure about winme)
'  ' is the background (default is c0c0c0, but d4d0c8 in win2k...)
'##' is black

but wine draws it as:

================================00
==::::::::::::::::::::::::::::3300
==::                          3300
==::  ####            ####    3300
==::    ####        ####      3300
==::      ####    ####        3300
==::        ########          3300
==::          ####            3300
==::        ########          3300
==::      ####    ####        3300
==::    ####        ####      3300
==::  ####            ####    3300
==::                          3300
==33333333333333333333333333333300
0000000000000000000000000000000000

where '==' is some other color between '::' and '  '

There are two mistakes:
1. The borders aren't correct. For an active unpushed button, there should only
be one "top-left edge". For a pushed button, there should be only one
"bottom-right edge" (and inner/outer "top-left edge"s)
2. The 'X' should be drawn a bit more to the right and higher, and smaller.
Smaller, because with the correct edges, we need to have (for an unpushed
button) a spacing of 3, 2, 2, 2 pixels for the left, top, right, bottom sides
respectively, between the 'X' and the edges (look at the correct example
above). Higher and more to the right, because after making the 'X' smaller, it
should have the correct spacing.

Comments please... :)