Stupid thing to try ...

Thorsten Kani beebix at gmx.net
Thu Oct 14 17:16:53 CDT 2004

Lars Segerlund wrote:

> I was thinking of a silly thing to try, namely replacing windows dll's with wines, does anybody have any thoughts about it ?
>
> I just thought about it as a debugging trick I wanted to try, but I don't know enough to evaluate if it's even worth trying.
>
> So what about it, is it worth giving a shot ?
>
> Regards, Lars Segerlund.

Hello Lars,

I am currently using the reactos (www.reactos.com) tree to debug
comctl32.dll under Windows.
For this to work, you will also need the Mingw package and a recent
gcc/binutil package. (also available from there).

Also make sure to disableWindows File Protection.
I  am using a patched SFC.DLL + a tool called 'Wfpadmin' for the job.

If you have Problems, just mail me and i will try to help out.

Thorsten