Fix various function prototypes

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Sat Oct 16 22:39:00 CDT 2004

"Vincent Béron" <vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca> wrote:

> > According to Platform SDK headers SHCoCreateInstance returns HRESULT.
>
> MSDN says it's void
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/shell/reference/functions/shcocreateinstance.asp

Hmm, MSDN Library January 2004 I have here claims that it returns void
as well, and misses WINAPI altogether. That's wrong of course.

> I don't have latest PSDK.
>
> This will need to be investigated some more (although I'm leaning
> towards HRESULT).

And that's correct IMO.

> > P.S.
> > Do you compile Wine with _WIN64 defined on Alpha? That would be really
> > cool to see that going, clean our headers and fix all warnings caused
> > by 32 bit pointer assumptions.
>
> I have a patch coming (it's one of the others I have tonight) which does
> just that.
>
> And there's lots of warnings, lots of them...

Perhaps another target for a janitorial project. Perhaps we have to invent some
way for the Wine compilation environment to avoid introducing them in future.

--
Dmitry.