Problem using winelib

Ross Quinlan quinlan at rulequest.com
Mon Oct 18 02:25:12 CDT 2004

Hello,

This is my first try with winelib ...

I'm running RedHat 7.3.  I've downloaded the wine source (wine-20040914)
and built everything using ./tools/wineinstall.

I'm trying the winemine example in the winelib doc.  I've copied the
.c, .h, and .rc files to a new directory winemine2 and in that
directory I've run winemaker as follows:

    E> winemaker --lower-uppercase .
    Winemaker 0.6.0
    Copyright 2000 Francois Gouget <fgouget at codeweavers.com> for CodeWeavers
    Scanning the source directories...
    Fixing the source files...
      dialog.c
      main.c
      De.rc
      En.rc
      Es.rc
      Fr.rc
      It.rc
      Nl.rc
      Pl.rc
      Pt.rc
      Ru.rc
      Si.rc
      rsrc.rc
      dialog.h
      main.h
      resource.h
    Generating project files...
      .

This generates one new file, "Makefile" (no Makefile.in, configure)
so I can't run ./configure --with-wine etc.

If I try a simple make, here's the result:

    E> make all
    winebuild -o winemine2.exe.dbg.c --debug -C. dialog.c main.c
    winegcc -c  -mno-cygwin -I.   -o winemine2.exe.dbg.o winemine2.exe.dbg.c
    winegcc -c  -mno-cygwin -I.   -o dialog.o dialog.c
    winegcc -c  -mno-cygwin -I.   -o main.o main.c
    wrc   -I.   -foDe.res De.rc
    De.rc:22:21: Error: parse error
    make: *** [De.res] Error 1

I'm therefore contacting this address as suggested in the winemaker
documentation.  Any help for a complete novice would be appreciated!

Regards,
Ross