msdn: d3drs_wrap[0-7] ???

Raphael fenix at club-internet.fr
Thu Oct 21 14:30:00 CDT 2004

On Thursday 21 October 2004 17:05, Devils Cry wrote:
> Hi folks!
>
> Dunno why, but this list regrets my subscriptionrequests. Anyway, lets
> see if this gets through...
>
> Im currently working a bit on the d3d8 dll (i know there are currently
> heavy changes made, just creating some new interfaces) and am now
> focusing on the d3drs_wrap[0-7] function. I have some problems
> understanding what it should do, from msdn:

Good :)
Feel free, we need help

> [quote]
> D3DRS_WRAP0 [ie, its the same for wrap0 to 7]
> Texture-wrapping behavior for multiple sets of texture coordinates.
> Valid values for this render state can be any combination of the
> D3DWRAPCOORD_0 (or D3DWRAP_U), D3DWRAPCOORD_1 (or D3DWRAP_V),
> D3DWRAPCOORD_2 (or D3DWRAP_W), and D3DWRAPCOORD_3 flags. These cause the
> system to wrap in the direction of the first, second, third, and fourth
> dimensions, sometimes referred to as the s, t, r, and q directions, for
> a given texture. The default value for this render state is 0 (wrapping
> disabled in all directions).
> [/quote]
>
> My current thoughts are to enable the GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_S, T and R
> functions by the value passed to it (ie for 2 enable the S and T
> wrappers), but i guess this isnt exactly what it should do. Any
> thoughts, ideas, guesses?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/archive/default.asp?url=/archive/en-us/dx8_c/directx_cpp/graphics_using_2rsj.asp

Hmm, i don't think it match exactly OpenGL WRAP specs
but i haven't understand d3d wrapping specs, and i havent seen any game using
it to test :(

> BTW, i havent found anything matching the D3DWRAPCOORD_3 flag (should be
> the 4th dimension). Is there something i can use for this?

I think, it should be used for Cube Textures (used for "Env" Bump Mapping)
(GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_Q ?)

> Thx in advance
> Nikolas

Regards,