Fix for bug 824 - proper handling of REG_MULTI_SZ

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Fri Oct 22 21:17:30 CDT 2004

On Fri, Oct 22, 2004 at 02:59:45PM -0700, Alexandre Julliard wrote:

> It's pretty much supported already. This doesn't really solve the
> problem of getting rid of the terminating null (except if you want to
> require always specifying the null explicitly, but that's not
> backwards compatible).

I must be missing something, but I thought regular strings can not
contain embedded nulls, so we can have a simple rule: don't store
terminating nulls for simple strings, but store them for multi-strings.
<me-thinks>
Aha -- you mean that if we follow this rule, all is good, but we
will not be backwards compatible because currently multi-strings
don't have the embedded nulls, right?

In that case, I guess we already have a versioning mechanism for
the registry files, so we'll just have to go to the next version,
and convert the old files to the new format.

--
Dimi.