Wine on OpenBSD

Sascha Hanse sensei at bsdberlin.org
Fri Oct 22 17:33:06 CDT 2004

On 22 Oct 2004 16:25:32 -0400
Vincent Béron <vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca> wrote:

> > >flag.> Then the'make depend && make' worked properly but the make
> > >install> first fails with:

> > >setupapi/__install__`> && make install gcc -g -O2   -o install
> > >install.c
> > >
> > >Your make tries to build the 'make install' target from install.c,
> > >that won't work of course. I guess we'll have to rename that file,
> > >unless OpenBSD make has an equivalent of the .PHONY target.
> > >
> > >--
> > >Alexandre Julliard
> > >julliard_at_winehq.org
> >
> > Hi Julliard,
> >
> > thank you for your response. Could you tell me when or how this can
> > be done?
>
> I guess the easiest workaround is to use gmake instead of OpenBSD make
> for Wine.
> Don't expect everything to go smoothly though.
>
> Vincent

Well, with gmake everything works fine until:

./tools/mkinstalldirs -m 755 /usr/local/share/aclocal
/usr/bin/install -c  -m 644  ./aclocal.m4
/usr/local/share/aclocal/wine.m4/sbin/ldconfig
/usr/local/bin/wine: signal 11
# wine
Memory fault (core dumped)
# gdb wine wine.core
GNU gdb 6.1
are welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain
conditions. Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
details. This GDB was configured as
"i386-unknown-openbsd3.6"..."/home/sensei/wine-20041019/wine": not in
executable format: File format not recognized

Core was generated by `wine'.
#0  0x09c13d02 in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x09c13d02 in ?? ()
#1  0x29c12188 in ?? ()
#2  0x77f00054 in ?? ()
#3  0x00000013 in ?? ()
#4  0x09c114ef in ?? ()
#5  0x29c100b7 in ?? ()
#6  0x00000020 in ?? ()
#7  0xcfbf637c in ?? ()
#8  0x09c13bb9 in ?? ()
#9  0x00000013 in ?? ()
#10 0xcfbf6454 in ?? ()
#11 0xcfbf640c in ?? ()
#12 0x09c13b92 in ?? ()
#13 0x29c12188 in ?? ()
#14 0x77f00054 in ?? ()
#15 0x00000001 in ?? ()
#16 0x29c100b7 in ?? ()
#17 0x29c132d0 in ?? ()
#18 0x29c10093 in ?? ()
#19 0x29c132c8 in ?? ()
#20 0x29c10088 in ?? ()
#21 0x00000012 in ?? ()
#22 0x29c10078 in ?? ()
#23 0xcfbf63ec in ?? ()
#24 0x09c116f0 in ?? ()
#25 0x77f00400 in ?? ()
#26 0x00001000 in ?? ()
#27 0x00000001 in ?? ()
#28 0x09c115d6 in ?? ()
#29 0xcfbf640c in ?? ()
#30 0xcfbf6454 in ?? ()
#31 0xcfbf640c in ?? ()
#32 0x000000d0 in ?? ()
#33 0x00000008 in ?? ()
#34 0x00000000 in ?? ()
#35 0x00000000 in ?? ()
#36 0x00000000 in ?? ()
#37 0x00000000 in ?? ()
#38 0x00000000 in ?? ()
#39 0xcfbf63e8 in ?? ()
#40 0xcfbf63e4 in ?? ()
#41 0x29c1012e in ?? ()
#42 0x00000000 in ?? ()
#43 0x00000000 in ?? ()
#44 0x00000000 in ?? ()
#45 0x00000000 in ?? ()
#46 0x29c100cc in ?? ()
#47 0x00000000 in ?? ()
#48 0x00000000 in ?? ()
#49 0x00000000 in ?? ()
#50 0x00000000 in ?? ()
#51 0xcfbf6454 in ?? ()
#52 0x09c11196 in ?? ()
#53 0xcfbf6458 in ?? ()
#54 0xcfbf6460 in ?? ()
#55 0x09c10000 in ?? ()
#56 0xcfbf640c in ?? ()
#57 0xcfbf6454 in ?? ()
#58 0xcfbf640c in ?? ()
#59 0x00000000 in ?? ()
#60 0x00000000 in ?? ()
#61 0x00000000 in ?? ()
#62 0x77f00034 in ?? ()
#63 0x00000020 in ?? ()
#64 0x00000009 in ?? ()
#65 0x00001000 in ?? ()
#7990 0x00000000 in ?? ()
#7991 0x00000000 in ?? ()
Cannot access memory at address 0xcfbfe000

I hope that's enough for seeking the problem. If you like to know more
contact me. :)

-Sascha

-----
Anyone who considers arithmetical