Wine and industrial communication like OPC

Juan Lang juan_lang at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 1 11:24:01 CDT 2004

Mike (at yet another email address) wrote:
> Wines sockets support is good though, far better
> than its builtin DCOM.  Based on what I know of the
> DCOM network protocol, I don't think we'd have any
> problems with it.

I can think of a couple, but they may be able to be
worked around:
- incoming connections (DCOM servers) won't be
supported.  If this guy's clients are going with WinCE
that won't be an issue, it doesn't support them either
AFAIK.
- only DCOM over TCP is likely to be supported.  DCOM
over named pipes definitely wouldn't be.

--Juan