Wine and industrial communication like OPC

Mike Hearn m.hearn at signal.QinetiQ.com
Thu Sep 2 06:18:15 CDT 2004

> Named pipes is ncalrpc yes? This OPC thing sounds more like a network
> protocol.

Sorry, I understand now. We use local named pipes to implement (local)
DCOM internally but ncalrpc on windows is actually implemented using NT
ports. So named pipes via SMB/CIFS ... yeah, I doubt we could do that
anytime soon :) Bizarre stuff. What's confusing is that CreateNamedPipe
on msdn doesn't talk about networking at all, and there's no parameters
to deal with hostnames.