W->A calls

Mike Hearn m.hearn at signal.QinetiQ.com
Fri Sep 3 03:40:47 CDT 2004

> So -- is there a unit testing or so or do all people just make a bunch
> of extra files to make the function calls and make what they need compile?
> If I change, say , dlls/winmm/mci.c: winmm: mciSendStringW , how will I
> be able to verify the change didn't change the behavior of the function?
> (rather than just trusting I am sort-of sure my hacks are working??)
>
> (So I'm talking about developers testing functions, not really about
> tests to run for windows or so)
> So, how do you handle that?

Yes, there is a test suite but unfortunately it's not comprehensive. I
wouldn't pay too much attention to MSDN, while it's a great source of
information it's also sometimes wrong. The only real way to be sure is
to test the code itself.

If you're just generally looking for things to do, W->A cleanup isn't
the only task. You could help extend the test suite :)

thanks -mike