Create DLL stub files in c:\windows\system

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Sat Sep 4 09:29:00 CDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-09-04 at 14:52, Hans Leidekker wrote:
> You could make it look like a valid PE file by just adding a
> PE header, but the next failure would probably be on accessing
> some resource or something else inside the DLL.

Well, yes, I know. But solving that one 100% reliably means making a
cross compiler a buildreq of Wine, and that would be a big pain not to
mention the difficulty involved with linking PE DLLs to native ELF
libraries.

It's probably best to just fix these sorts of apps as we find them on a
case by case basis.