Create DLL stub files in c:\windows\system

Hans Leidekker hans at it.vu.nl
Sat Sep 4 09:45:37 CDT 2004

On Saturday 4 September 2004 16:29, Mike Hearn wrote:

> Well, yes, I know. But solving that one 100% reliably means making a
> cross compiler a buildreq of Wine, and that would be a big pain not to

That would be developer pain traded for user pain. We like that don't we?

> mention the difficulty involved with linking PE DLLs to native ELF
> libraries.

I don't understand this. Is this the consequence of having PE DLLs in
c:\windows\system? Couldn't we still use the ELF variant for that (compiled
from the very same source?). I mean, the PE DLLs would only serve as dummies
for apps that need them, not used by Wine itself in case there is an ELF
variant available. Hmm, maybe this is getting too complicated?

> It's probably best to just fix these sorts of apps as we find them on a
> case by case basis.

We have some cross compiled DLLs on sourceforge now which we could
point users to.

 -Hans