Running valgrind with Wine

Mike McCormack mike at codeweavers.com
Sun Sep 5 08:56:04 CDT 2004

Saulius Krasuckas wrote:

> Wow, it made some LAAAAAAG on my box.
>
> I think i eats all of my RAM and then gets killed by the kernel.  I guess
> valgrind wants ~1GB of RAM (or RAM+Swap) while I have only 256+300 MBs.

That's exactly the problem I was trying to fix... it's eating 1Gb of RAM
because Wine is trying to reserve 0x80000000-0xbfff0000 about 1G of
memory.  So it seems my patch isn't working :(

Maybe try adding a printf("reserving\n") after the if(reserve) in
mmap_init() to see if it's still trying to reserve memory... it shouldn't.

Mike