Running valgrind with Wine

Saulius Krasuckas saulius2 at ar.fi.lt
Sun Sep 5 08:51:27 CDT 2004

On Sun, 5 Sep 2004, Mike McCormack wrote:
> Saulius Krasuckas wrote:
> > I think i eats all of my RAM and then gets killed by the kernel.  I
> > guess valgrind wants ~1GB of RAM (or RAM+Swap) while I have only
> > 256+300 MBs.
>
> That's exactly the problem I was trying to fix... it's eating 1Gb of RAM
> because Wine is trying to reserve 0x80000000-0xbfff0000 about 1G of
> memory.  So it seems my patch isn't working :(

Possibly, it works.  That just I suck: the patch was not applied. :-/

> Maybe try adding a printf("reserving\n") after the if(reserve) in
> mmap_init() to see if it's still trying to reserve memory... it
> shouldn't.

Instead I am having trouble compiling the libs/wine dir:

loader.c:524: conflicting types for `wine_init'
../../include/wine/library.h:56: previous declaration of `wine_init'

NP, that one required just a correction of function prototype in the
header file.  Wine is recompiling from ground now.  Sorry for the buzz.