Is there any FAQ/Documentation for codebase familiarization? + Re: Create DLL stub files in c:\windows\system

Belxjander Serechai belxjander_serechai at yahoo.co.nz
Sun Sep 5 22:19:00 CDT 2004

-- codebase introduction/induction documentation, anything? --

Im new to the wine codebase and see several bugs I am wanting to handle,
  however my main concern at this immediate time is trying to sort out
  cross-compatability issues...

I have completely hand-installed DirectX 9.0c at this time along with
  dxdiag.exe and additional DXMedia runtime components along with the
  DCOM and several other subsystems from Windows 2000 professional

the majority of this functions cleanly and as expected...
  however there is a number of "missing"/"undefined" functions and
  I would like to not only see a stub presence for these... but also
  would like to attempt making a functional replication of the functions
  concerned appear within the wine libaries for compatible completeness
  at least to the Windows 2000 pro release libraries I am using,

-- Creation of DLL stub libraries in "C:/Windows/*" heirarchy --

Question...What is the problem defined here?

  Wine DLL's being compiled to PE objects and usable on Windows
    for replacing commercial code with GPL code ?
  or providing a Linux based set of files to show a more "complete"
    "Wine" package installation ?

I see PE file building as more of a binary distribution option...
  and would suggest that it remain an option for those like myself who
  keep up to date based on CVS source updates and building from that,
  that way Cross-Compilation and other issues don't cloud development

I am currently wanting to have a cross-compilation environment so I can
  test out several ideas... of which a couple of them would be more
  applicable to the Darwine project than the Wine project for PowerPC
  systems.

why not have a "wine.dll" that is *NEVER* PE compiled and have that
  present itself for any "wine on linux" specific compatability calls
  and present any and all other loadable objects as if they were
  origin format native within the active runtime environment?

Awaiting clarification,
  Belxjander Serechai