Revised menu patch

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Tue Sep 7 21:49:28 CDT 2004

"Michael Kaufmann" <hallo at michael-kaufmann.ch> wrote:

> My last menu patch didn't pass a test case. I've commented out this test
> case, because it tests undocumented behavior.

That's a very bad idea, then you need to comment out half of the test
cases in Wine. The tests show *the real* behaviour, it doesn't really
matter whether it's documented or not, it's known that MSDN has lots
of misleading and missing information.

> We should re-activate this
> testcase as soon as WINE passes it. This will be the case when the menu
> code is moved to WineServer, as Dmitry pointed out.

Then it has a good chance that the bug will be never fixed at all.
A commented out test does not differ from a not existent one, and
has zero chance to be revived.

> I've also added more bugfixes to the patch: Now WINE supports the (very
> rare) case where a menu is assigned to multiple windows. To test this,
> I'll attach a program which displays two windows using the same menu.
> The windows are from different window classes in order to test if WINE
> sends the ownerdraw messages to the correct window.

First I'd suggest to add another test to the set of existing menu tests.
Next, a fake fix is not going to help as all previous attempts didn't,
especially when a proper way to fix the problem is known.

--
Dmitry.