Revised menu patch

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Wed Sep 8 13:46:31 CDT 2004

Michael Kaufmann <hallo at michael-kaufmann.ch> writes:

> The only explanation was "it breaks the testcase X", where X is a
> testcase that doesn't even pass on Windows 9x. I think the patch won't
> break any real application.

Famous last words. There have been a number of similar hacks done in
the menu code already, but they all had to be removed because they
broke too many things; I have no reason to believe your proposed fix
will be any different. The issue is a fundamental problem with the way
menus are implemented, and it can't simply be hacked around, it has to
be fixed right.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org