UltimaOnLine: X11DRV_CritSection deadlock

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Wed Sep 8 15:24:13 CDT 2004

(Answering this one as the original mail is lost in my HUGE wine-devel
 folder that takes ages to load on my puny P120 used to read mails :-) )

> > But the true problem is that if I'm idle for some time, I get this error,
> > and kde stops responding at mouse (and sometimes also keyboard) events:

When you say 'idle for some time', you are sure that the screensaver does
not kick in ?

> > err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x41bd6220 "x11drv_main.c:
> > X11DRV_CritSection" wait timed out in thread 0009, blocked by 000a,
> > retrying (60 sec)

It seems that Wine crashed somewhere during a call to an X11 function. An
idea would be to attach 'winedbg' to the Wine session and see what thread is
currently holding the X11 critical section (I will let winedbg experts
explain how to do this :-) ).

Then we would know which X11 call failed or blocked and be able to work
around the issue.

       Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/