dinput axis mapping and format mapping patch

Mike Hearn m.hearn at signal.QinetiQ.com
Fri Sep 10 03:46:42 CDT 2004

Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Because we want to have the two systems coexist, so that we don't have
> to change all the code at the same time. In fact there are already
> some parameters under HKLM/Software/Wine today. It also allows moving
> back to an older Wine without conflicts.

OK, makes sense. I'll work on adapting winecfg. I'll also try compiling
a list of the registry entries we use, I don't think there is any such
list currently is there?

One thing: if things like Version/AppDefaults/DllOverrides are going to
move, where are they going to go? HKLM/Software/Wine/Version,
HKLM/Software/Wine/AppDefaults etc would be easy, it just means moving
them up a level.

Though then in each place we check for keys we have to check two
locations instead of one.