Directx9

Mike Hearn m.hearn at signal.QinetiQ.com
Mon Sep 13 03:55:09 CDT 2004

> My other concern is if I start doing it and have to give up due to work or
> other pressures, I could leave a half migrated setup. I assume its
> relavitevly easy with cvs to back out changes if this occurs, and I hope it
> wont, but it is a concern.
>
> I'd appreciate thoughts before I start (especially Lionels, AJ's etc) - I'm
> only just getting back into wine programming again hence my interest.

This is the sort of thing we wanted arch for. Unfortunately, the way we
use CVS means that we can't really do branching as only AJ commits. So,
if it's not possible to do the migration without breaking things
temporarily, there are three ways forward:

1) Have you set up arch or a local CVS repository and commit to that
2) Give you write access to WineHQ CVS and let you commit to a branch
3) Just have you submit a really huge patch which does the changes

(2) is, as far as I can tell, unprecedented, but hey ... worth
suggesting. (3) might not make Alexandre too happy but is the simplest.

(1) is perhaps the best way forward, with the biggest disadvantage being
that arch is rather cumbersome to learn for people new to it, and when I
last used it was rather slow. But, it may work a lot better these days.

thanks -mike