(no subject)

Ivan Leo Puoti puoti at inwind.it
Mon Sep 13 10:21:51 CDT 2004

> For example, if DirectX is broken for 3 consecutive releases, I would expect
> the people doing the release to label the old 'working' version and branch
> from there if any bugs fixes are needed.
Things in wine break all the time, users know it and are used to it, if d3d8
breaks for 3 releases, people will just use an old version until things are
fixed. Many people stayed at wine-20031212 for months because of regressions
that weren't fixed for a few months, but people just kept wine-20031212 and were
happy. With alpha software this is quite normal.

Ivan.