Why is our OutputDebugString a server request?

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Mon Sep 13 17:23:18 CDT 2004

Shachar Shemesh <wine-devel at shemesh.biz> writes:

> But as far as I can see, this means that Windows debuggers won't get
> it. Wouldn't it be better to implement it the Win32 way? At the very
> least, implement it ALSO as the Win32 way?

It will generate an output string debug event, so Windows debuggers
should be able to deal with it. The real Win32 way would be to raise
an exception, which is certainly something we could do; but since
Win32 provides a debug event for this purpose, it seemed reasonable to
use it. Now, if you know of a case where it causes trouble, it can be
changed.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org