Directx9

Mike McCormack mike at codeweavers.com
Tue Sep 14 06:47:44 CDT 2004

Mike Hearn wrote:
>> While this point will come eventually, it has not been reached: ANNOUNCE
>> starts as follows:
>

> I'm reminded of the saying, "if not now then when? if not you then who?"

Since Lionel is doing the work on Direct X, then I think it's up to him
to decide how it should work and how to move it forward.  He's doing it
because he's interested in it, not to make money or keep Wine users
happy.  He's doing it because it's interesting and fun.  Fun, remember.

Secondly, if we attempt to keep a stable branch the new code won't get
any testing, and won't be moved along.  If Lionel thinks it needs
breaking to move it forward, I vote to break it.

Mike