Directx9

Mike Hearn m.hearn at signal.QinetiQ.com
Tue Sep 14 05:29:25 CDT 2004

> Since Lionel is doing the work on Direct X, then I think it's up to him
> to decide how it should work and how to move it forward.  He's doing it
> because he's interested in it, not to make money or keep Wine users
> happy.  He's doing it because it's interesting and fun.  Fun, remember.

I wasn't talking about DirectX specifically. I'm sure Alexandre will let
Jason and Lionel do what they want with this. I was talking more
generally about the Wine project as a whole.

> Secondly, if we attempt to keep a stable branch the new code won't get
> any testing, and won't be moved along.  If Lionel thinks it needs
> breaking to move it forward, I vote to break it.

Having stable branches doesn't seem to hurt the kernel, X, gnome, kde,
etc etc. Some people will use the stable branch, the rest will follow
CVS and hack on that, same as always.