Directx9

Krzysztof Foltman kfoltman at portal.onet.pl
Tue Sep 14 08:19:38 CDT 2004

Lionel Ulmer wrote:

> Well, if you are ready to pay the price of stability (i.e. spend at least 4
> or 5 hours a week re-installing your 4 or 5 favourite applications to test
> for regression), fine :-)
> The problem I see is that we do not have the developper manpower to do that.

However, it would be nice if regressions wrt particular programs were
detected, pinned down to particular patches and *reported* by people who
are particularly interested in making those programs work. For example,
people who support WINE installations for their employers or customers.

Other people who are supporting the same applications could benefit from
that, because they'd know which patches should be removed or fixed.

I've noticed some people already do that, but if the practice described
above was more widespread, we could end up with fewer regressions,
easier support and (usually) less work for developers.

Chris