Wine and industrial communication like OPC

Bernd Lachner blachner at gmx.net
Tue Sep 14 09:39:04 CDT 2004

>> But I have to convince my boss...
>> How meny ours do you think it wood take to get DCom to work in Wine?
>> 50 h / 100h / 500h / 1000h ?

> Good question. I'm afraid I have no idea, it's impossible to predict.

Maybe it helps, if you have a OPC server source code to see what is needed
on COM/DCOM functions. You can find a free (LGPL) OPC server on the
following link:

http://www.ipi.ac.ru/lab43/lopc-en.html

We are a small software company, and I know that some customers of us are
interested in OPC on Linux in the past. There is one working solution as far
as I know. It is a OPC Toolkit from Technotrend which is based on the
COM/DCOM implementation EntireX of Software AG. But its not Open Source
unfortunally.

Some links about this:

http://www.opcconnect.com/tooltech.php
http://www2.softwareag.com/corporate/products/entirex/default.asp
http://www.tsopc.com/modules/solutions/products.html

I don't know the license cost of this products at the moment, because our
customers decided not to use Linux.

--
Bernd Lachner

NEU: Bis zu 10 GB Speicher für e-mails & Dateien!
1 GB bereits bei GMX FreeMail http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail