edit control

Ulrich Czekalla ulrich.czekalla at utoronto.ca
Wed Sep 15 12:53:51 CDT 2004

On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 06:27:11PM +0100, Robert Shearman wrote:
> Ulrich Czekalla wrote:
>
> >Running some tests under WinXP I noticed that if the edit control doesn't
> >have WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE it looses the WS_BORDER style and it handles painting
> >the border. This also has the side effect that it's non-client area goes to
> >zero.
> >
> >ChangeLog:
> >       Ulrich Czekalla <ulrich at codeweavers.com>
> >       Handle painting the border if WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE is not set
> >

> This changelog doesn't really seem to match the patch. Are you sure it's
> right?

Yes. Currently the code always removes its internal WS_BORDER flag so it
doesn't paint its own border. Basically it leaves it to the default
nonclient handler. But it should only do this if WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE is
set. Otherwise it removes the WS_BORDER style and paints the border itself.

The SetWindowLong call is necessary otherwise the default non-client code
will allocate non-client space for the border and we don't want that. We
want to handle the border ourselves.

I'm working on an app that relies on this behaviour.

/Ulrich